The purpose of this International Personnel Certification Schemes (IPCS) is to define RSA minimum qualification and certification requirements of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) personnel in accordance with ISO 9712.
- This IPCS has been developed to assist in meeting the minimum requirements for qualification and certification of personnel seeking for NDT personnel certification in accordance with ISO 9712:2012.
- The Methods and Levels of NDT personnel certification covered by this IPCS are listed in Section 6.0 as used in accordance with the applicable codes, standards, specifications and regulations referenced below.
- Certification to this IPCS provides an attestation of general competence of the NDT personnel. It does not represent an authorization to operate, since this remains the responsibility of the employer, and the certified personnel may require additional specialized knowledge of parameters such as equipment, NDT procedures, materials and products specific for the employer.
- Authorization to operate shall be given in writing by the employer in accordance with a quality procedure that defines any employer-required job-specific training and examinations designed to verify the certificate holders's knowledge of relevant industry code(s), standard(s), NDT procedures, equipment, and acceptance criteria for the tested products.
- Applicants seeking ISO 9712 NDT certifications shall meet the applicable education and experience requirements
- Documentation of prior certification may be used as evidence of qualification for comparable levels of certification.
- The applicant documents required include a listing of all educations, relevant work and employment.