The purpose of this International Personnel Certification Schemes (IPCS) is to define RSA minimum qualification and certification requirements of Painting Inspector in accordance with The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard Guide D4537.
- This IPCS has been developed to assist in meeting the minimum requirements for qualification and certification of personnel seeking for Painting Inspector certification in accordance with ASTM's Standard Guide D4537-12, Re-approved 2018.
- The Levels of Painting Inspectors covered by this IPCS are listed in Section 6.0 as used in accordance with the applicable codes, standards, specifications and regulations referenced below.
- Certification to this IPCS provides an attestation of general competence of the Plant Inspector. It does not represent an authorization to operate, since this remains the responsibility of the employer, and the certified personnel may require additional specialized knowledge of parameters such as equipment, procedures, materials and products specific for the employer.
- Authorization to operate shall be given in writing by the employer in accordance with a quality procedure that defines any employer-required job-specific training and examinations designed to verify the certificate holder's knowledge of relevant industry code(s), standard(s), procedures, equipment, and acceptance criteria for the inspected products
- Painting Inspector applicant shall, as a minimum, meet one or more of the requirements applicable to Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3
- Applicant seeking direct access certification to Painting Inspector Level 2 without Painting Inspector Level 1 qualification shall meet both Level 1 and Level 2 experience requirements.
- The applicant documents required include a listing of all educations, relevant work and employment.