The purpose of this International Personnel Certification Schemes (IPCS) is to define RSA minimum qualification and certification requirements of Welding Inspector in accordance with The American Welding Society (AWS) Standard B5.1.
- This IPCS has been developed to assist in meeting the minimum requirements for qualification and certification of personnel seeking for Welding Inspector certification in accordance with AWS's Standard B5.1:2013, AMD1:2014.
- The Levels of Welding Inspector covered by this IPCS are listed in Section 6.0 as used in accordance with the applicable codes, standards, specifications and regulations referenced below.
- Certification to this IPCS provides an attestation of general competence of the Plant Inspector. It does not represent an authorization to operate, since this remains the responsibility of the employer, and the certified personnel may require additional specialized knowledge of parameters such as equipment, procedures, materials and products specific for the employer.
- Authorization to operate shall be given in writing by the employer in accordance with a quality procedure that defines any employer-required job-specific training and examinations designed to verify the certificate holder's knowledge of relevant industry code(s), standard(s), procedures, equipment, and acceptance criteria for the inspected products.
- Applicants seeking Associate Welding Inspector, Welding Inspector and Senior Welding Inspector certifications shall meet the applicable education and experience requirements
- Required work experience shall be in one or more welding functions.
- The applicant documents required include a listing of all educations, relevant work and employment.